Camp Justice
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A camp for young superheroes to train and learn to control their powers.

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Books, Thoughts, and Insanity

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
James
Admin

Books, Thoughts, and Insanity Empty
PostSubject: Books, Thoughts, and Insanity   Books, Thoughts, and Insanity EmptyThu May 26, 2011 5:43 pm

I've been here for like a month now, what have a done of importance? Oh, I know, lets see. I translated a page or two of my book. I yelled at something others cannot see or hear, and made myself look like a fool. No, made my self look crazy. I also fell into a coma for no reason. That last part wasn't enough for me to go home though.

I sighed and took a break from my thoughts and looked at my book. I was sitting to the side of the cabin courtyard, out of the way of most people's eyes and notice.
Back to top Go down
https://campjustice.rpg-board.net
Francesca

Francesca

PostSubject: Re: Books, Thoughts, and Insanity   Books, Thoughts, and Insanity EmptyThu May 26, 2011 5:48 pm

Francesca
"Okay. . . Let's see if this works." Francesca mumbled to herslef as she stood on the concrete pavement outside one of Metropolis' tall concrete skyscrapers. She closed her eyes, curled her small hands into fists, and thought to herself : Camp Justice; 26th May . She was practising on how she could control when she transfered through time, and it wasn't going so well. However, for the first time, she actually managed to travel somewhere on demand. She opened her eyes, recognising her surroundings as being in the Cabin Courtyard.
"Excuse me?" she asked a boy whom seemed to be reading. "What day is it?"
Back to top Go down
James
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Books, Thoughts, and Insanity   Books, Thoughts, and Insanity EmptyThu May 26, 2011 5:56 pm

"Thursday, the date is May 26," I said. "Year is 2011."

I really wasn't paying much attention. I'm sure it's the 26th of May. Tim's out of school on the first of June, maybe he'll volunteer time as an instructor here. I sighed and continued to read my book.
Back to top Go down
Francesca

Francesca

PostSubject: Re: Books, Thoughts, and Insanity   Books, Thoughts, and Insanity EmptyThu May 26, 2011 6:10 pm

"Omg! No way!" she squealed, ecstatic to have actually controlled her gift. "I'm Francesca, by the way. Who are you?" she asks him, tilting her head to the side. She loved meeting new people.
Back to top Go down
James
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Books, Thoughts, and Insanity   Books, Thoughts, and Insanity EmptyThu May 26, 2011 6:14 pm

"My full name is James Ivan Richards-Blood," I said. "My parents died when I was young. Currently live with a close friend of my father's."

Last edited by James on Sun Jun 19, 2011 7:01 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Francesca

Francesca

PostSubject: Re: Books, Thoughts, and Insanity   Books, Thoughts, and Insanity EmptyTue May 31, 2011 2:09 pm

Francesca
She smiled at the boy, sitting herself down on the courtyard's floor.
"Well, like I said, I'm Francesca. That's it. No middle name, no surname, nothing. I'm an escaped laboratory experiment." she explains her heritage slightly, not delving too deep into the subject. "How did your parents die? Or should I just shut up and stay away form that area?"
Back to top Go down
James
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Books, Thoughts, and Insanity   Books, Thoughts, and Insanity EmptyTue May 31, 2011 3:55 pm

"Car Accident," I said. "Car was hit by a drunk truck driver that killed both of my parents."

I can remember that accident as if it were yesterday. I don't know what was worse, the fact that the driver got off without any punishment or the fact I was to live with my father's stepsister until I was like what? Nine?

Back to top Go down
Francesca

Francesca

PostSubject: Re: Books, Thoughts, and Insanity   Books, Thoughts, and Insanity EmptyTue May 31, 2011 4:12 pm

Francesca
She placed a hand upon her heart, and mimed a silent "awww" before giving him a hug. If I didn't mention before, Francesca doesn't know about romance or any of that complicated stuff. She only wants to be a good friend.
"I'm sorry, James. . ." she apologises for their deaths, stepping back. "I never had any parents. I don't know about family love or anything. All i had were my four asylum walls and the scientists."
Back to top Go down
James
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Books, Thoughts, and Insanity   Books, Thoughts, and Insanity EmptyTue May 31, 2011 4:24 pm

"You didn't have a real family? I thought my life was tragic," I said "Not to even have a family.... that's a scary thought."

I thought my life was terrible, apparently it is possible to have a life worse than mine.
Back to top Go down
Francesca

Francesca

PostSubject: Re: Books, Thoughts, and Insanity   Books, Thoughts, and Insanity EmptyTue May 31, 2011 4:41 pm

Francesca
"Your life is tragic. You don't miss what you never had, but you DO miss what you once had. I don't get what the whole fuss about a family is anyway. I mean, in films and stuff, don't people always complain about their families? Like in Home Alone. That kid was happy without a family. As am I. For now. I mean, some day I'll have a family of my own and stuff, I guess." she shrugged her shoulders, although she had always longed for a father to dote upon her, or a mother to have spats with. But you can't have everything. However, Francesca had nothing. "So, who's this close friend of your fathers? He sounds a pretty cool guy."
Back to top Go down
James
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Books, Thoughts, and Insanity   Books, Thoughts, and Insanity EmptyTue May 31, 2011 5:05 pm

"Jason Blood, the demonologist," I said.
I wonder how people don't learn this after hearing my full name. It's not like his last name is common or something, or at least not the last time I checked....
Back to top Go down
Francesca

Francesca

PostSubject: Re: Books, Thoughts, and Insanity   Books, Thoughts, and Insanity EmptyTue May 31, 2011 5:15 pm

Francesca
She shook her head.
"Not ringing any bells, sorry. I have kind of been locked up inside a white room for like, a lot of years. That means no contact whatsoever, since I was born, or created, or whatever." she shrugs her shoulders. "but he seems to be a nice guy. Demonolgist. Sounds cool." In reality, Francesca had no idea whatsoever what or who a demonologist was. But she was sure she would find out some time.
Back to top Go down
James
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Books, Thoughts, and Insanity   Books, Thoughts, and Insanity EmptyTue May 31, 2011 5:56 pm

"It's surprising that you haven't at least heard of the name," I said.
Even at my school people knew his name. Considering he's a paranormal investigator of sorts. Well considering this isn't Gotham City but still.
Back to top Go down
Francesca

Francesca

PostSubject: Re: Books, Thoughts, and Insanity   Books, Thoughts, and Insanity EmptyTue May 31, 2011 6:01 pm

Francesca
"Surprising?" her brow furrowed. Was she abnormal because she didn't know whom Jason Blood was? She didn't want to be weird. "Is he really that famous?"
Back to top Go down
James
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Books, Thoughts, and Insanity   Books, Thoughts, and Insanity EmptyTue May 31, 2011 6:30 pm

"No, " I said. "Just well known where I'm from."

"If he was famous like that, he probably wouldn't live in Gotham."

Back to top Go down
Francesca

Francesca

PostSubject: Re: Books, Thoughts, and Insanity   Books, Thoughts, and Insanity EmptyTue May 31, 2011 6:47 pm

Francesca
"Gotham? Where or what is Gotham?" she asked him, tilting her head to one side. She wasn't very smart, and didn't know a lot of places. In fact, she knew Metropolis, and that was only because she had accidentally poofed there during a fight of some sort. She didn't even know where she was created. If she was created. There were so many things that she didn't know, and would never find out. No-one had the time to teach a fifteen year old something a three year old already knew.
Back to top Go down
James
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Books, Thoughts, and Insanity   Books, Thoughts, and Insanity EmptyTue May 31, 2011 7:07 pm

"The city where Batman fights crime and where Bruce Wayne lives. It's also the City where I'm from," I said. "It's not too far from here actually."
Back to top Go down
Francesca

Francesca

PostSubject: Re: Books, Thoughts, and Insanity   Books, Thoughts, and Insanity EmptySat Jun 18, 2011 4:54 pm

~~ Francesca ~~
"Hmm. I shall have to visit there sometime." she mused. Although she didn't have big knowledge on all of the superheros that were out there, Batman was one of the ones that Sam had told her about. And Beast Boy. "Well then I guess I'll be off. I'm going to explore Gotham." she informed him, giving him one last smile. "See ya some other time. Unless you want to come with, of course?"
Back to top Go down
James
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Books, Thoughts, and Insanity   Books, Thoughts, and Insanity EmptySun Jun 19, 2011 3:06 pm

"I want to come with," I said. "Beats staying here."

"And maybe I can talk my uncle out of having to attend this camp."
Back to top Go down
Francesca

Francesca

PostSubject: Re: Books, Thoughts, and Insanity   Books, Thoughts, and Insanity EmptyMon Jun 20, 2011 4:18 pm

~~ Francesca ~~
Francesca grinned, signalling that they should leave the courtyard.
"Let's go to Gotham! C'mon. I'm bored. Speaking of being bored, don't leave the camp. I think things could be quite fun with you around here." she tapped her foot on the ground, getting impatiant. She never was good with waiting.
Back to top Go down
James
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Books, Thoughts, and Insanity   Books, Thoughts, and Insanity EmptyMon Jun 20, 2011 4:30 pm

I stood up and closed my book.
"Trust me, you don't know half of the reason why I'm here," I said. "I am skilled at magic but that's not the real reason why I'm here."
Something about being a danger to other people and not wanting me to stay inside all summer.

Last edited by James on Fri Sep 23, 2011 7:41 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Francesca

Francesca

PostSubject: Re: Books, Thoughts, and Insanity   Books, Thoughts, and Insanity EmptyMon Jun 20, 2011 4:40 pm

~~ Francesca ~~

"Well, if you're bothered, I'm an escaped medical experiment. I'm a genetically modified human, always have been, always will be. I can time travel too, which is cool. I would show you, but. . . It's kind of unpredicatble." she admitted, kind of ashamed. Who couldn't control their own power? She would have called it a gift, but she knew better. It was nothing but a curse. "Now, James, whilst I would LOVE to stay here and be all morose and stuff, I do believe we have a city to explore. So hurry up or I shall go on my own.
Back to top Go down
James
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Books, Thoughts, and Insanity   Books, Thoughts, and Insanity EmptyMon Jun 20, 2011 4:46 pm

"I'm ready," I said. "Plus maybe if we're lucky, I can introduce you to a few friends of mine while we're there."

Now, we're probably going to need to avoid my Uncle, but that won't be much of a problem. Gotham is a huge city, what are the odds of us running into him. Very unlikely.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Books, Thoughts, and Insanity   Books, Thoughts, and Insanity Empty

Back to top Go down

Books, Thoughts, and Insanity
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Camp Justice :: Camp Justice :: Cabins :: Cabin Courtyard-
Jump to: